Monday, December 26, 2011

A Christmas wish


I originally wrote this as a reply to Scooter in the Sticks.  I can think of no better way to speak to you to share my wishes for whomever might still be reading here.

Merry Christmas to you!


I think back and remember easily how blessed I am. My parents were in Germany during the war. So Christmas was, as they said, what you were able to make of it. Aunts and uncles were seperated from the family and while I've talked to them, not much is really divulged. They look to today, to their children whose childhoods were memorable by those aunts and uncles' efforts. What I have, what my cousins have, is because the spirit of giving and the tenacious obsession to put us first is a gift beyond anything I could ever ask for. Because it is beyond my understanding to have been where they were.

For those who had virtually nothing given to them, know that what you have given of yourself when you could, is the strength which makes your loved ones grateful to have you in their lives.

Christmas is about the tenacity of spirit in spite of conditions. The near obsessive internal will to overcome, in spite of what logic seems to tell us. It is the natural condition of the human spirit which leads us to trust in something which doesn't necessarily make sense to us.

Christmas reminds us to have faith.



Harv

4 comments:

Steve Williams said...

Blogging can be an exercise in faith. For me it was never about readers but more about a tool to explore and explain what I was thinking and feeling. It's changed but is still rooted there. Mostly.

Your Christmas message is a strong reminder of what's important and which direction we might want to travel.

Thank you for sharing it.

Steve Williams

American Scooterist Blog said...

Thanks Steve.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and yours :)

Harv

irondad said...

I wish I could get more people to realize that Christmas Spirit is not confined to a few days in December.

American Scooterist Blog said...

Sorry for the very late reply. Yeah, the Christmas spirit is the spirit of giving and kindness.

Harv